Welcome to the TRNSYS Users Forum.

The forum is a place where people can interact and have discussions about different topics involving the use of the TRNSYS software package. Here you can post topics for discussion or questions on using TRNSYS and get advice from other users or TRNSYS experts. This forum is not intended for detailed technical support. Users should contact their distributor’s hotline for such assistance.

Some tips for success on using the forum:

• Follow the Forum Rules posted in Forum Administration.
  • There are categories for different types of topics and questions. Post your topic or question into the proper category.
  • Before posting a topic or question search the existing topics  (and the TRNSYS Users listserv archive) to see if a similar topic or question has already been answered.
  • Use a descriptive topic name. Don’t use attention getting subjects, they don’t get attention and only annoy people.
  • State the version of TRNSYS and which add-ons your are using.
  • Include enough specific details for your topic of question to be answered. Just posting “Why am I getting an error?” without describing the specific error and what you are trying to do when you get the error will not receive a response that fixes your issue.
  • Remember when people help you, they are doing you a favor. Be patient, help people out by posting good descriptions of what you need help with, and be polite even if a response does not solve your issue.
  • Moderators may edit your post for clarity or move your topic to a more appropriate category.

Notifications
Clear all

Setback schedule

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
Hello dear TRNSYS users;

I have a question regarding the schedule for heating and cooling set temperatur:
I want to setback the cooling and heating set temperatur for week-end and holidays 
How to do it 
Best Regards

Salma 
1 Answer

Salma,

There are a number of ways that you can define setbacks and setups in setpoints. 

If you are working with a Type56 building then you can create a setup/setback schedule in TRNBuild.

There are a number of components in the TESS Applications library that will allow you to create such schedules.

You can use a Type14 forcing function (in the standard library) to define the setpoint schedule.

kind regards,

David

Salmalahmar Topic starter 06/09/2023 2:31 pm

@davidbradley
I'm trying to set up a schedule for heating and cooling set temperatures on the weekends and holidays, but I'm having trouble understanding how to use the TESS library and Type14 forcing functions mentioned in a previous response. Could someone please provide a step-by-step guide or more detailed instructions on how to create setback and setup schedules using these tools? Additionally, if you could clarify whether I have access to the TESS library, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

DavidBradley 06/09/2023 2:38 pm

To clarify a little further...

In TRNBuild you can set up weekday and weekend daily schedules and then select from them to form a weekly schedule.

Using standard library components, you can set up individual schedules for weekdays, weekends, and holidays. There is a component called the "forcing function sequencer" that will allow you to create weeks drawn from those individual schedules. There is also a Type that allows you to define holidays. Its output can then be used in an equation to select which setpoint schedule to use.

DavidBradley 06/09/2023 2:55 pm

Type14 just defines values at points in time. When a simulation gets to the end of a schedule defined by Type14, the schedule repeats. If you define two points with different values at different times, Type14 will linearly interpolate between the values. You can define two values at the same point in time to force Type14 to make a step change.
Try defining daily schedules using Type14 for the heating setpoint on a generic weekday, a generic holiday, and a generic weekend. Do the same for the cooling setpoint. You should end up with 6 Type14s. Next, you need to define when there is a holiday, when there is a weekend and when it is a weekday. You could do that with Type14 but it would take a LOT of parameters. There are some components that can help: have a look at Type95 in the standard library or Type519 in the TESS Applications library. For some situations, it might be easier to define the holidays and weekends in an Excel spreadsheet, save it as a *.csv file and then read that file in using Type9.
kind regards,
David

Share: