Welcome to the TRNSYS Users Forum.

The forum is a place where people can interact and have discussions about different topics involving the use of the TRNSYS software package. Here you can post topics for discussion or questions on using TRNSYS and get advice from other users or TRNSYS experts. This forum is not intended for detailed technical support. Users should contact their distributor’s hotline for such assistance.

Some tips for success on using the forum:

• Follow the Forum Rules posted in Forum Administration.
  • There are categories for different types of topics and questions. Post your topic or question into the proper category.
  • Before posting a topic or question search the existing topics  (and the TRNSYS Users listserv archive) to see if a similar topic or question has already been answered.
  • Use a descriptive topic name. Don’t use attention getting subjects, they don’t get attention and only annoy people.
  • State the version of TRNSYS and which add-ons your are using.
  • Include enough specific details for your topic of question to be answered. Just posting “Why am I getting an error?” without describing the specific error and what you are trying to do when you get the error will not receive a response that fixes your issue.
  • Remember when people help you, they are doing you a favor. Be patient, help people out by posting good descriptions of what you need help with, and be polite even if a response does not solve your issue.
  • Moderators may edit your post for clarity or move your topic to a more appropriate category.

Notifications
Clear all

Vertical ground heat exchanger

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi all

The GHP components by TESS have components where internal bore hole resistance can be inserted to the model from TRT testing. None of the 548b or 557b (old one) informs user about what the unit of the borehole thermal resistance should be while inserting. Can anybody let me know what unit 557/548 expects? In TRNSYS this resistance is referred to as The thermal resistance between the fluid in the pipes and the ground at the edge of the borehole wall per unit of borehole length (the fluid to ground thermal resistance).

Thanks in advance. 

2 Answers

Abir,

The units are in h.m.K/kJ. Thank you for catching the omission. We will get the proformas fixed in the next version release.

kind regards,

David

TM Abir Ahsan Topic starter 31/05/2023 10:29 pm

@davidbradley Thanks for your quick response David. Appreciate it.

JJLiu 01/06/2023 12:45 am
This post was modified 11 months ago 2 times by JJLiu

@davidbradley

Hi David,

I have a question about the Ground heat exchanger Type 557a in TRNSYS 18. How to set the parameters 36-38 if the number of preheating years is 0 in the simulation?

Parameter 36: Average air temperature - preheat years

Parameter 37: Amplitude of air temperature - preheat years

Parameter 38: Air temperature phase delay - preheat years

I have left the parameters related to preheating years (i.e. maximum/minimum preheat temperature, preheat phase delay) as default values.

Please correct me if it is not the proper setting.

Kind regards,

Jingjing

DavidBradley 13/06/2023 1:33 pm

@JJLiu
Hi Jingjing,
You can set the number of preheat years to zero in which case the other values don't matter.

In case it is useful in future, the yearly average air temperature is not too hard to find online for a given location. The amplitude in this case is the difference between the average annual temperature and the peak air temperature. The phase delay is the hardest one to find but it is almost always somewhere between 30 and 36 days for locations in the northern hemisphere. It is the number of days between January 1 and the day of the year on which the minimum temperature occurs.
kind regards,
David

@tm-abir-ahsan If you open the wizard for Type 548b (when you open the proforma, it's the magic wand icon in the lower left) and navigate to the Borehole Geometry tab, you'll see that the units of thermal resistance between the fluid and the borehole wall are K-h-m/kJ. Sometimes when there's a wizard for a particular proforma, the wizard can give a little more context than the proforma alone.

TM Abir Ahsan Topic starter 31/05/2023 10:55 pm

@a_weiss Thank you, I did not check that before.

Share: