[TRNSYS-users] Chilled ceiling

Hi ALL,

I have included chilled ceiling into my model and have encountered an error during simulation.

The error message is : Error in automatic heat transfer calculation  for surface   5 or its adjacent surface!: Automatic heat transfer calculation is only allowed on surfaces within a zone.  Please check building input file (.bui)!

Any advice on how to rectify the error? Attached are my files.

Note: The data used for the chilled ceiling is intended for trial purpose, final values have not been confirmed.

More queries on chilled ceiling:

1)      Are there tutorials available on simulation using active layers and chilled ceiling?

2)      For simulation using chilled ceiling & active layer, do they handle only the sensible cooling part in TRNSYS? From my understanding, chilled ceilings only handle sensible cooling and external equipment must be used to dehumidify outdoor air.

3)      Should I model a Dedicated Outdoor Air System (DOAS) to handle the latent cooling or it is not required? [in response to point no. (2)]

Any help is deeply appreciated!

Nguan Teck

Undergrad

NTU, Singapore