Welcome to the TRNSYS Users Forum.

The forum is a place where people can interact and have discussions about different topics involving the use of the TRNSYS software package. Here you can post topics for discussion or questions on using TRNSYS and get advice from other users or TRNSYS experts. This forum is not intended for detailed technical support. Users should contact their distributor’s hotline for such assistance.

Some tips for success on using the forum:

• Follow the Forum Rules posted in Forum Administration.
  • There are categories for different types of topics and questions. Post your topic or question into the proper category.
  • Before posting a topic or question search the existing topics  (and the TRNSYS Users listserv archive) to see if a similar topic or question has already been answered.
  • Use a descriptive topic name. Don’t use attention getting subjects, they don’t get attention and only annoy people.
  • State the version of TRNSYS and which add-ons your are using.
  • Include enough specific details for your topic of question to be answered. Just posting “Why am I getting an error?” without describing the specific error and what you are trying to do when you get the error will not receive a response that fixes your issue.
  • Remember when people help you, they are doing you a favor. Be patient, help people out by posting good descriptions of what you need help with, and be polite even if a response does not solve your issue.
  • Moderators may edit your post for clarity or move your topic to a more appropriate category.

Notifications
Clear all

Bug report in simulation studio

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Dear TRNSYS users community, i am currently using TRNSYS18 and simulation studio version 6.0.0.13, and while linking outputs of type 832v500 solar panel to inputs of an equation bloc, i carelessly linked them in reverse (Tabs <---- Tcoll_, see picture attached). This caused an error while running, and a systematic crash of the studio when trying to delete the obsolete link once discovered. I had to delete the whole link and create another one. This happened with this type but i may happen with others. I hope this experience share will help some of you pay attention while linking components, and maybe an improvement track for future versions of the studio? My very best.

Werner Keilholz 09/05/2023 8:31 am

@hfares Thanks for reporting this. It will be fixed in the next Trnsys version.

1 Answer

Hi,

it seems it is happening similarly with other types as you can see from mininal test cases in the attached archive to reproduce the issues (TRNSYS18 32 bits version 18.02.0002/Studio 6.0.0.11) .

In project4.tpf, wrongly connected in Studio Type158's input#1 to Type1a's output#1 while Type73's output#1 is  already connected to Type158's input#1 : project4.tpf is running, only the first correct link is active in project4.dck, the wrong second link is strangely visible in comment only, thus it doesn't prevent to run. However it crashs studio if you try to edit it again.

INPUTS 8
2,1 		! Type73:Outlet temperature ->Inlet temperature for port 12,1 2,6 		! Type73:Outlet temperature ->Inlet temperature for port 16,11 		! Type1a:Outlet temperature ->Inlet temperature for port 1
2,2 		! Type73:Outlet flowrate ->Inlet flow rate for port 1
0,0		! [unconnected] Inlet temperature for port 2
6,2 		! Type1a:Outlet flowrate ->Inlet flow rate for port 2
0,0		! [unconnected] Top loss temperature
0,0		! [unconnected] Edge loss temperature
0,0		! [unconnected] Bottom loss temperature
0,0		! [unconnected] Auxiliary heat input

In project4-error.tpf, wrong input>output direction during connection in Studio between equation block and Type73 : it doesn't run because dck file is not correct:

* EQUATIONS "Equa"
EQUATIONS 2
varTest = [2,2][2,6]+1
var2Test = varTest+[2,2]-1

Is it possible to prevent wrong input>output connection directly in Studio ? 

David 

This post was modified 1 year ago by davcheze
hfares Topic starter 27/04/2023 11:55 am

@davcheze Thank you for this example illustration David !

Share: