Welcome to the TRNSYS Users Forum.

The forum is a place where people can interact and have discussions about different topics involving the use of the TRNSYS software package. Here you can post topics for discussion or questions on using TRNSYS and get advice from other users or TRNSYS experts. This forum is not intended for detailed technical support. Users should contact their distributor’s hotline for such assistance.

Some tips for success on using the forum:

• Follow the Forum Rules posted in Forum Administration.
  • There are categories for different types of topics and questions. Post your topic or question into the proper category.
  • Before posting a topic or question search the existing topics  (and the TRNSYS Users listserv archive) to see if a similar topic or question has already been answered.
  • Use a descriptive topic name. Don’t use attention getting subjects, they don’t get attention and only annoy people.
  • State the version of TRNSYS and which add-ons your are using.
  • Include enough specific details for your topic of question to be answered. Just posting “Why am I getting an error?” without describing the specific error and what you are trying to do when you get the error will not receive a response that fixes your issue.
  • Remember when people help you, they are doing you a favor. Be patient, help people out by posting good descriptions of what you need help with, and be polite even if a response does not solve your issue.
  • Moderators may edit your post for clarity or move your topic to a more appropriate category.

Notifications
Clear all

TRNSYS 3D Error

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

From a question submitted to TRNSYS-UERS

Hello, everyone,

There is an error when I export the model of TRNSYS3D to the TRNSYS , as shown in following picture. How can I find the 210 surface in sketchup? How can I solve this problem?

Best regards,

This topic was modified 1 year ago 3 times by YuichiYasuda
3 Answers
Topic starter

Surface numbers are assigned by TRNBuild.
In other words, you cannot find the surface by the number because it does not exist in TRNSYS3D.

Try the following steps.

1. First of all, export the IDF file from TRNBuild. This will export the surface numbers assigned by TRNBuild to the IDF file.
2. Then open the IDF file in TRNSYS3D.
3. In the Surface Search dialog, enter the Surface number in the Name field. In your case, enter 210.
4. Click on the Search Entire Model button.

Now only the surface will be shown.

I hope this works.

Yuichi

This post was modified 1 year ago by YuichiYasuda
Topic starter

Dear Yuichi and all

Thanks for your reply. Howerver, it still cannot find the surface 210 as shown in the following picture. I think the reason is the area of the 210 surface is 0 as  shown in the following picture. What is the rule of surface numbers  by TRNBuild to the IDF file? This can help me find the wrong surface(210). The error occured because the area of the 210 surface is 0.
This post was modified 1 year ago by YuichiYasuda
Topic starter

All surfaces are given names.
When a surface is created in TRNSYS3D, it is automatically given an alphanumeric name, for example A0737D.

In contrast, TRNBuild identifies all surfaces by number. Therefore, when the IDF is imported into TRNBuild, it is assigned a surface number instead of the name.

Thereafter, when exporting from TRNBuild to an IDF, the surface number will be used as the name.

In your case, it seems that TRNBuild did not export the surface (210) to the IDF correctly.
Or the surface may be so small that it is not visible.

If you are having difficulty finding the surface, I recommend that you delete and recreate the zone to which the surface belongs.

Yuichi

Share: