Welcome to the TRNSYS Users Forum.

The forum is a place where people can interact and have discussions about different topics involving the use of the TRNSYS software package. Here you can post topics for discussion or questions on using TRNSYS and get advice from other users or TRNSYS experts. This forum is not intended for detailed technical support. Users should contact their distributor’s hotline for such assistance.

Some tips for success on using the forum:

• Follow the Forum Rules posted in Forum Administration.
  • There are categories for different types of topics and questions. Post your topic or question into the proper category.
  • Before posting a topic or question search the existing topics  (and the TRNSYS Users listserv archive) to see if a similar topic or question has already been answered.
  • Use a descriptive topic name. Don’t use attention getting subjects, they don’t get attention and only annoy people.
  • State the version of TRNSYS and which add-ons your are using.
  • Include enough specific details for your topic of question to be answered. Just posting “Why am I getting an error?” without describing the specific error and what you are trying to do when you get the error will not receive a response that fixes your issue.
  • Remember when people help you, they are doing you a favor. Be patient, help people out by posting good descriptions of what you need help with, and be polite even if a response does not solve your issue.
  • Moderators may edit your post for clarity or move your topic to a more appropriate category.

Notifications
Clear all

Error 105: Types not found

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi,
I install trnsys library 18 in my installed trnsys after copying it in proformas and then I use tpe557 and 927 but I get this error:

TRNSYS Message 105: A TYPE was called in the Trnsys input file but was either not linked into trndll.dll or was not found in an external dll...

1 Answer
Topic starter

There are a few possibilities. You mention that you copied in the proformas. The TESS Libraries are provided as an installer that should put all of the proformas and other files where they need to be. If you had to copy proformas manually into the Studio\Proformas\ directory then there is a good chance that the installer was not used and that certain other files needed in order to run the project are not in the correct places. If this is the case then you should contact your distributor, who can get you the installer that corresponds to the libraries that you or your institution purchased.

It is always recommended to install Trnsys at the root of a drive or in a subfolder as in c:\Trnsys18\. Installing in the \Program Files\ directory is not recommended because of the very strict file read/write access restrictions that Windows puts in place in that directory. It is also not recommended to install Trnsys in a c:\users\ directory unless you have to. c:\Users\ is actually buried in a different location inside the .\Windows\ directory and it too can have permission restrictions. 

Have a look in the .\Trnsys18\UserLib\ReleaseDLLs\ directory. If you are using the v17 TESS Libraries, you should see some files in there that have a name similar to: TESS_xxxx_v17.2.01_64.dll. If you are using the v18 libraries then you should see some files in .\ReleaseDLLs\ that have names like: TESS_xx_v18_0_64.dll. If you don't see those files then please contact your Trnsys distributor for a new installer.

kind regards,

David

Share: