[TRNSYS-users] Thermal mass of glazings

Hello everyone,

As I am conducting thermal simulation in a high glazed zone (conservatory), I am concerned about thermal mass of glazings. According to the documentation, thermal mass is set as null for glazings.

But, after a hard work of fitting between my simulation model and some experimental data, I noticed that my simulation model is “lighter” than the experimental one (air temperature variates more reactively in simulation).

So, I calculated the thermal mass of all inner glazings (well I approximated it) and added the result to the zone capacitance. The result is very encouraging and I’m quite happy with the simulation model as it is set now. However, I would like to have your feedback on this. What would be your judgment on this method as thermal experts and is there another way to add a thermal mass to the glazings ?

Best regards

02

Wirich FREPPEL Ph.D
Development engineer

COSMOS - Buildings Energy Performance & Daylighting Group

TIRET.jpg

SAINT-GOBAIN RESEARCH COMPIEGNE

1 rue de Montluçon • BP 40103 • 60777 Thourotte • France

Tel: +33 637 053 174

E-mail: wirich.freppel@saint-gobain.com

www.saint-gobain.com

Confidential - Property of Saint-Gobain, the information contained herein are considered confidential.
Their presentation or reproduction is prohibited without the prior written consent of the sender or author.