[TRNSYS-users] Regarding the wall gain

Dear all,

I want to calculate the wall gains or heat gain from the building envelope for my building type 56 with one zone/ air node. I read "Volume 5 Multi-zone Building modeling with Type56 and TRNBuild". I stumbled upon the energy balance equation where all the energy coming in and out are written. The equation is (NTYPE 904)

B4_QBAL =- B4_DQAIRdt + B4_QHEAT - B4_QCOOL + B4_QINF + B4_QVENT + B4_QCOUP + B4_QTRANS + B4_QGINT + B4_QWGAIN + B4_QSOL + B4_QSOLAIR [kJ/hr].

I printed this balance as Energy_zone.BAL. When i checked the file B4_QWGAIN is 0 and B$_QSOLAIR is also 0. Why are they zero?

So, I was wondering what B4_Qwgain is? ( I am particularly interested in it because i need to calculate the heat gain through the envelope).

As per what I have read from the manual it says, wall gain is something that is fed by the user (can’t it be calculated by TRNSYS). (Should i feed it when defining the wall type as in fig? (surface gain inside and surface gain inside?)

image.png

My question is how to calculated the heat gain from the building envelope?

I need it because of the cooling load that I calculated for my system (CHILLED CEILING + DOAS) is too low as compared to thumb rule calculation.

Is my cooling load low due to not keeping any value in geosurf? What value should i use for geosurf?

Thanking you in anticipation

Ashmin Aryal