[TRNSYS-users] Active layer/boundary condition - strange results

Dear Users and Developers,

We would like to model active layer as component of TABS.

Now our model is one zone with active layer in ceiling. Adiabatic condition/IDENTICAL for all internal partition and set. We have one external wall.

1)      We would like to keep neighborhood zones in the same AIR temperature. But when we set boundary condition to IDENTICAL over TABS, then outer surface of this partition has higher temperature then indoor air temperature and active layer water temperature… -Why?

2)      The situation is better if we set convective heat transfer coefficient, on outer surface of TABS to 0.001. If we understand, it is mean direct contact between air and surface. So if there are adiabatic/identical condition: outer SURFACE temperature of TABS has the same temperature as AIR inside modelled zone. But our aim is to keep identical inside and outside AIR temperature, not SURFACE temperature… How we can do it?

Kind regards,
Karol

Karol BANDURSKI M. Sc.

Faculty of Civil and Environemntal Engeneering

Division of Heating, Air Conditioning and Air Protection

Poznan University of Technology

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Karol_Bandurski

www.put.poznan.pl/~karol.bandurski