Re: [TRNSYS-users] doubt regarding selection of evacuated tube

Aditi,

It really depends on what performance data you have available for the solar collector you'll be using.  Type 71 and 538 use a quadratic efficiency equation and Type 1288 uses the 6 parameter model from the EN12975 standard.  Beyond that, Type 538 is somewhat similar to Type 71 but offers more features (outlet temperature control, impact of mass, etc.)

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton President - TESS LLC 22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703 Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475 www.tess-inc.com E-Mail: thornton@tess-inc.com