[TRNSYS-users] linking excel to TRNSYS

Dear all

 I'm going to create an evaporative rigid media as a new component in TRNSYS using excel.Inlet temperature and mass flow rate for air and water are as inputs and it should calculate outlet conditions useing heat and mass transfer equations . I couldn't find any instructions about linking excel to TRNSYS. I have used type 62 and I set the number of inputs and outputs. Also I have enabled macro in excel. Now, I have two questions:

1- according to example, I should rename some cells to Inp1 , Inp2 ... Out1, Out2,.... there is a column in any excel spreadsheet named INP, so when I want to rename a cell to Inp1 , this will go to first cell of INP column after pressing enter without renaming the cell. how I should rename cells to Inp1 , .... ?

 2- after completing the excel file using my equations, How I should link my excel file to type 62?

Thank you

amirrezaheidary
master student of energy systems Engineering
Sharif university of technology
Tehran-Iran
E-mail address:

heidari@energy.sharif.edu

amirrezaheidarysbu@gmail.com

P Save a tree... Please don't print this E-mail unless you really need to.