Van: TRNSYS-users [mailto:trnsys-users-bounces@lists.onebuilding.org] Namens Alastair McDowell
Verzonden: dinsdag 10 november 2015 23:12
Aan: 'TRNSYS users mailing list at OneBuilding.org' <trnsys-users@lists.onebuilding.org>
Onderwerp: Re: [TRNSYS-users] Strange behaviour type 50b

Hi Benjamin,

Solar irradiance has the units of [kJ/hr.m^2], i.e. energy rate per unit square meter. It is quite likely that the magnitude of thermal energy yield (kJ) will exceed the integrated solar irradiance (kJ/m^2), if the surface area of your solar panels is greater than 2-3 m^2, depending on the thermal efficiency of the panels. Make sure you have taken the units and area into account in your calculations.

Kind regards,

Alastair McDowell

Engineering Consultant

Energy Analysis & Engineering – Enabling innovation for a sustainable future

T: +61 450 600 842

608 Harris St Sydney NSW 2007 Australia | http://www.energyae.com