[TRNSYS-users] Initial temperatures in a multizone building with TAB-system act as heat source!?

Dear All,

I am experiencing a strange relationship between simulation results and the initial zone temperature.
Of course the results are dependent of the initial values, BUT the simulation only yields realistic results if the start day is either 0 or 1.
For all other START times the room temperatures will have the corresponding initial zone temperature as a lower bound!

In the screenshot you can see the Tair of 9 zones and the ambient temperature.
This was created with only the building and weather processing in the Deck, no control or schedules attached/activated.
Ideal Heating and Cooling powers are all set to Zero, so there is no active temperature control in the Deck.

  • Can anyone can explain this behavior?
  • The original building was created with TRNFLOW, so a airlink network is implemented. I do not have a TRNFLOW license, so I simply copy and paste the original TRNFLOW part in the bui file (geometry and zones are untouched!). Might this be the cause?
  • Is there something like a "built-in settling phase feature", that  might be activated in a wrong way and thus dictates something like ideal heating?

I scanned the archives and the models, but could not locate the error.

Any help or advice is highly appreciated!!

Thanks a lot in advance,
Philip

--

M. SC. Dipl.