Re: [TRNSYS-users] Values for Tank loss coefficients

Michael,

Many manufacturers post heat loss information on their web sites in the form of temperature decay rates (along with the associated tank and environment temperatures). Simply replicate this "test" in TRNSYS using your tank model and "tune" the heat loss coefficients to match the published results.

Jeff

---
does anyone has experiences with values for tank loss coefficients or
knows where i could find some examples? I´ve already searched for
other values than the default 2.5 but couldn´t find anything.

I´m thankful for any suggestions to find other values that would realistic.

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577  Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton@tess-inc.com