[TRNSYS-users] Hydro Unit in Trnsys

Hi All,

I am a newbie to Trnsys.

Currently I am investigating a small scale hybrid energy system for a local not for profit organisation in Northern Ireland.

The system has a wind turbine, biomass boiler and a small scale hydro turbine (75kW), supplying into the building load. Any excess they can spill onto the grid.

I wanted to model this scenario in Trnsys17, but the hydro component is missing. Is there an alternative methodology of simulating the hydro unit or has anyone developed a hydro component that I could use?

Fergus Begley

University of Ulster