From: "Javier Galvan Villamarin" <jgalvan@kth.se>
Sent: Fri, April 15, 2011 10:38
Subject: [TRNSYS-users] It is TRNSYS suitable for optimization analysys?

Dear Sr or Madam,

I am a master student at KTH in Sweden. I am about to start working on a thesis project which is related to optimization of trigeneration systems (heating, cooling and power generation).

I am doing a survey about which software is more suitable for optimization analysis by means of mathematical optimization.

I found that some companies (for example: TESS inc) have developed additional application components for TRNSys that are used in ! cogeneration and trigeneration systems (absorption chillers, boilers, turbines, etc). This applications could be very useful for us.

I would like to know if TRNSYS is able to run algorithms for optimization?.
Additionally, I would like to know if TRNSYS can do interface with other software such as Matlab or GAMs.

I will really appreciate any information.

Thanks,

Javier Galvan