Re: [TRNSYS-users] questions about shading matrix file

Dear Pauline,

In Trnsys3D you can define shader surfaces and heat transfer surfaces like walls windows etc.

After finishing the drawing there are two ways to continue:

-          Import the IDf file directly into Studio by the 3D building wizard.
This creates you a B17 file as well as studio project. A shading matix can be created by TRNbuild only.
There you have make a right mouse click on Type 56 -> edit building.

-          You start TRNbuild and use the Import function. This creates you a B17 file only

Shading matrices are created by TRNbuild only. For creating a shading matrix you may check documentation

05-MultizoneBuilding.pdf section 5.2.7, 5.2.7.2 and 5.5.1

The matrix files don’t exist in the studio. They are assumed to be in the same directory as B17 file and have a fixed name.

Type 56 uses the shading matrix automatically when it is there. Check for a notice in the list file.

Concerning the capacity, do you use the latest TRNSYS 17.00.0019? This should work fine.

V1....Vx means 1st, 2nd, ....Vertex ID

Regards,

Marion

Dipl.-Ing. Marion Hiller
TRANSSOLAR: KlimaEngineering - Technologien für energieeffizientes Bauen und Nutzerkomfort in Gebäude
Munich - New York - Stuttgart + 49.711.67976.0

Transsolar Energietechnik GmbH, Curiestrasse 2, 70563 Stuttgart
Amtsgericht Stuttgart - HRB 23347, Steuernummer 99073/00911, USt-IdNr.: DE152272639

Geschäftsführer: Dipl.Ing. Matthias Schuler, Dipl.Ing. Thomas Auer, Dipl.Phys. Stefan Holst, Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Bleicher