[TRNSYS-users] Type 18 mathematical description

Dear TRNSYS users

My questions concern section 5.7.13 of the TRNSYS 16.01 manual (Component Mathematical Reference > Loads and structure > Type 18: Pitched Roof and Attic)

1/ Equation 5.7.2.1. (T_sa,eff = …) looks strange to me, and I am not sure it is the one used in the Fortran code to calculate the effective sol-air temperature. Is it right?

2/ My second question concerns the calculation of q”0: how are b_n (coefficient of temperature difference at time n) and d_n (coefficient of heat flux term at time n) computed or assumed?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Charles LAUNAY

INES - Institut National de l'Energie Solaire