From: "Carlos Flores" <cflores@ing.uchile.cl>
Sent: Tue, February 23, 2010 4:31
Subject: [TRNSYS-users] Molten salt thermal storage

Dear All,

Last year we performed a TRNSYS modelling of a parabolic trough solar power plant for a research project.  Now, a second part of this project is to be performed, trying a variety of alternatives, and including molten salt thermal storage for the solar power plant.

I was wondering if anyone have used some TRNSYS component to model the molten salt storage or if there is actually a customised type that I can use for this purpose.  Has anyone used maybe a component of the TRNSYS Thermal Storage Library?

If anyone has any suggestion or guidelines I would be highly appretiated.  Thanks in advance, guys!

Carlos Flores
Project Officer
BSc, MSc (Mech Eng)

Department of Environment, Climate Change and Water
T:
 (02) 9995 5495
F: (02) 9995 5915
W: www.nabers.com.au