[TRNSYS-users] LEED modeling and zone adjacency

Hi all,

I'm building a model for LEED, and I'm trying to figure out how detailed I need to be with my zone adjacencies (with a very geometrically complex building). For conditioned spaces, the heat transfer is zero when the spaces are the maintained at same temperature. My life would be a lot easier if I could just say that the temperature on the outside of each wall was equal to the temp setpoint, or perhaps the temp of the largest neighboring zone, rather than do a detailed description of all interzonal adjacencies. 90.1 and The LEED Ref Guide don't seem to say anything about this. Thoughts? What about adjacent wall areas, does each zone need to have an equal wall area for each adjacency, or can I simplify things a bit and just use the largest adjacent zone as my only adjacency (without throwing off the energy balance)?

Thanks,
Cramer
--
J. Cramer Silkworth