[TRNSYS-users] Type 557: Initial surface temperature

Dear TRNSYS users,

I have a question about the Type 557 Vertical U-Tube Ground Heat Exchanger, the parameter called "Initial surface temperature": I believe that the ground surface temperature is usually close to the average air temperature for a particular time of year. If I start my simulation in January, should I set the "initial surface temperature" parameter to the average air temperature (with a minor adjustment for ground vs. air) in January for my location?

Best regards,
Meld deg på vårt nyhetsbrev på www.niva.no