[TRNSYS-users] PMV and PPD calculation

Dear TRNSYS users,

When I compare the outputted PMV and PPD of TRNSYS with the results which I have calculated using the equations in accordance with ISO 7730, the PMV and PPD differ on average respectively 0.18 and 10. At first I have used the mean surface temperature of the room. I have also calculated the mean radiant temperature estimated from the values of the plane radiant temperatures for a sitting and a standing person with different orientations. However, none of the calculated values of the mean radiant temperature produces the same PMV and PPD as outputted in TRNSYS. Can somebody explain me this?

Thanks in advance,
best regards,
Kim

--
kim goethals

engeneer-architect

department of architecture and urban planning

faculty of engineering

ghent university

t + 32 (0)9 264 78 61

f + 32 (0)9 264 41 85

www.architectuur.ugent.be
begin:vcard
fn:Kim Goethals
n:Goethals;Kim
org:Universiteit Gent;Vakgroep Architectuur & Stedenbouw
adr;quoted-printable:;;Plateaustraat 22;Gent;Oost-Vlaanderen;9000;Belgi=C3=AB
title:ir.-arch.
tel;work:092647861
tel;fax:092644185
url:www.architectuur.ugent.be