Re: [TRNSYS-users] conflict of type 62 and excel 2007

Dear Eleni,

You're all right concerning that conflict, I encounter that problem with EXCEL 2007 too. The only way I find to solve that issue is to save my EXCEL file not in EXCEL 2007 version (with *.xlsm extension) but in EXCEL 97-2003 extension (so with classical *.xls extension). Conflict with variables name are then not detected anymore, and the simulation runs fine.

You may try to have a look to Type62 FORTRAN program or to EXCEL macro to solve that problem.

Best regards,

Adrien

Eleni Ampatzi a écrit :
Dear users,

I am using type 62 with the Excel 2007 and I experience problems. The simulation cannot run. The
Inputs and Outputs names which are used in the excel file and are read by type 62 (Inp1..Inp10 and
Out1...Out10) have to be replaced with other names in the Excel 2007 as they coincide with existing
cell names (Excell 2007 gives an increased number of rows and columns and e.g. OUT1 is a cell's
name). The output and input names are defined in the code of the component (type62.f90) and the
input ones only are also used in the macros. The extended excel files are *.xlsm. (for my model I need theincreased number of rows).
Does anyone have solved this issue and can possibly help me? Could we alter the existing or get an
updated version of type 62 which is compatible with Excel 2007 (I saw in the archives that other
users experienced similar problems) ?
Best Regards

ELeni Ampatzi
WSA, Cardiff University

Orange vous informe que cet e-mail a ete controle par l'anti-virus mail. Aucun virus connu a ce jour par nos services n'a ete detecte.

Adrien JEZEQUEL
Ingénieur en Simulations Dynamiques
ITF (Ingénierie Tous Fluides)
87, route de Chambéry