Re: [TRNSYS-users] Problems with Type66

Hi Julian,

It is possible that there is not enough inertia in the system, and that the simulation is entering infinite loops at each time step. I would recommend that you add a pipe to the collector loop, before the pump. The pipe should be long enough as to keep one-time step worth of fluid.
Please let me know if this strategy solves your problem.
Best regards,

Diego

Julian Demetz wrote:

Dear Tnsys-Users,

I’m working on a swimming pool simulation which is heated by a heat pump. I’ve build the heatpump in EES.

I’m using Type66 to call the EES function. It seems to work, but I get in almost every timestep the Warning:

The Inputs to Units 5 6 9 17 were not converged within the specified tolerance at time XXXX

I’ve set both tolerances (integration and convergence) to a value of 0.001.

Is the message normal when using Type66 or is it a hint for an error in the model.

I would be very happy if somebody could tell me something about this convergence-message.

Best regards

Julian Demetz

Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Florianópolis, Brazil

Technische Universität München, Munich, Germany