[TRNSYS-users] Other buildings shadows

Hi there,
I am just starting to use TRNSYS and a very important factor for me to go on with this program is to be sure about its ability of considering the effect of other buildings on mine. When I tried simulating a very simple central-courtyard building (without any windows, any heating or cooling etc), after using Building Wizard to divide my building in 8 zones (4 on the sides of the courtyard and 4 on the corners) and running the simulation, I got exactly the same results for the air temperature in the 2 zones situated on my courtyard's north and south sides. This is kind of strange, because I would assume that the other three wings would produce some shadow on the northern one and therefore reduce the solar heat gain in there. But it didn't happen. So the only conclusion I can make is that while simulating different zones, TRNSYS treats them separately and not in relation to each other (apart from their adjacency effect of course). Is this true? Because if this is the case, I need to find another simulation program helping me in assessing the shadowing effect of other buildings as well as different parts of the same building.
Thanks
Masoud

Masoud Malekzadeh
PhD Student
Department of Civil and Building Engineering
Loughborough University
Leicestershire, UK
LE11 3TU

Tel: +44 1509 223434