[TRNSYS-users] Solar radiation in layered Atrium

Dear all,

I want to model an atrium in trnsys15. I split the atrium into multiple zones to take into account formation of thermal layers. Can anyone tell me how I should handle transmittance of solar radiation (entering from the roof) to the lower zones? I understand this is not directly done by trnsys. I thought of modelling the links between the zones as window types 10001 (no glass), but the lower zones do not seem to get any radiation (though I’m not sure I use the correct outputs). I suppose QTSOUT gives the solar radiation from one zone to the lower zone (I have no windows in the walls)?

Thanks in advance,

Stefan de Kool

Cauberg-Huygen Raadgevende Ingenieurs

Lokatie Rotterdam