Welcome to the TRNSYS Users Forum.

The forum is a place where people can interact and have discussions about different topics involving the use of the TRNSYS software package. Here you can post topics for discussion or questions on using TRNSYS and get advice from other users or TRNSYS experts. This forum is not intended for detailed technical support. Users should contact their distributor’s hotline for such assistance.

Some tips for success on using the forum:

• Follow the Forum Rules posted in Forum Administration.
  • There are categories for different types of topics and questions. Post your topic or question into the proper category.
  • Before posting a topic or question search the existing topics  (and the TRNSYS Users listserv archive) to see if a similar topic or question has already been answered.
  • Use a descriptive topic name. Don’t use attention getting subjects, they don’t get attention and only annoy people.
  • State the version of TRNSYS and which add-ons your are using.
  • Include enough specific details for your topic of question to be answered. Just posting “Why am I getting an error?” without describing the specific error and what you are trying to do when you get the error will not receive a response that fixes your issue.
  • Remember when people help you, they are doing you a favor. Be patient, help people out by posting good descriptions of what you need help with, and be polite even if a response does not solve your issue.
  • Moderators may edit your post for clarity or move your topic to a more appropriate category.

2-Pipe Variable Ref...

Notifications
Clear all

2-Pipe Variable Refrigerant Flow model

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@davidbradley)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

TESS is pleased to announce the availability of a newly implemented model of a two-pipe VRF air handler.

The component models an air source heat pump in which a single outdoor unit serves multiple indoor units. In a two-pipe configuration the indoor units must all either be in heating mode or cooling mode. A mixed mode in which some indoor units are in heating mode while others are in cooling mode is not possible. Not all the indoor units need to be active; some may simply be OFF. As is the case for many of the TRNSYS HVAC components, the performance of the VRF air handler is based on a performance map.

The component is being offered as an individual component for the time being. More information is available by visiting: 

https://trnsys.com/tess-libraries/individual-components.php.html

(@oumaima)

hello

Is there a tutorial on how to develop a VRF heat pump model in TRNSYS?

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by oumaima

ReplyQuote
(@davidbradley)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@oumaima The new Type (Type1254) includes a documented example. I would not really call the example a tutorial because while the documentation explains the details of the completed example, it doesn't really take you step by step through setting up a model. I can share the documentation with you if you'd like. Please email me directly: techsupport@tess-inc.com

kind regards,

David

ReplyQuote
(@oumaima)

@davidbradley alright thank you, i have send you an email

ReplyQuote
Share: