[TRNSYS-users] [TRNSYS18] forrtl: severe (66): output statement overflows records

Hello dear TRNSYS users,

I have some problems with my simulation of a building with corresponding space heating and domestic hot water models. As my model is quite large (1500 units) I had to recompile the TRNSYS standard installation with Visual Studio 2019 and the Intel Fortran Compiler. I did recompile successfully with new TRNSYSConstants.f90 and am doing some other simulation with this TRNSYS installation, so I assume it works fine.

While simulating the large model with 1500 units and a lot of equations though I started to get a fortran error: “forrtl: severe (66): output statement overflows records, unit -5, file Internal Formatted Write”.

Why do I get this fortran error? Did I exceed the TRNSYS-Constants too much, so some calculations can’t be computed anymore in large models? Is there a maximum for the constants and if yes, where is the limitation?

As Im no fortran expert, I would be very happy about anything you can tell me about this error!

Thank you very much in advance!

Best Regards,

Chris

Christopher Graf, M.Sc.
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter / Doktorand
Abteilung Thermische Energiesystemtechnik
Bereich
Energiewirtschaftliche Prozessintegration

Fraunhofer-Institut für Energiewirtschaft und Energiesystemtechnik IEE
Joseph-Beuys-Straße 8 | 34117 Kassel

Telefon:
+49 561 7294-1528
Mobil: +49 160 7820232