[TRNSYS-users] Type58 quality of steam

Dear TRNSYS Users

I have a question with regards to the output “Quality of the state” of Type58 as can be seen below. I am using steam (Prameter1 value = 718) for this model and the ideal value should be between 0 (water) and 1 (dry saturated steam). But what I get is strange values ranging from -800 to +999.

Also, I checked the programmers guide and I could see that the value should be between 0 and 1. Is it because of a false input state I am providing? Or some inherent problem in the type? Has anybody else also encountered the same problem?

Best regards/ Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Tushar Sharma, M.Sc.
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter / Research Fellow
Institut für Wasser- und Energiemanagement der Hochschule Hof (iwe)
Institute of Water- and Energy Management at Hof University
Alfons-Goppel-Platz 1
95028 Hof / Saale
Germany
Phone +49 9281 409-4592