Re: [TRNSYS-users] Model a HYBRID DRY COOLER/Wet-Dry Coolers with Direct Water Spray System

On 2021-08-20 22:23, Victoria Sarai Amador Barraza via TRNSYS-users wrote:

 I need to model a HYBRID DRY COOLER/Wet-Dry Coolers with Direct Water
Spray System (V-Constructed). Could you help me to identify which
type I need to use?

Victoria,

There is no single component in TRNSYS that I am aware of that models both a wet cooling tower and a dry fluid cooler together in the same model. When we run into these systems we typically use the Type 510 closed circuit cooling tower and the Type 511 Dry Fluid Cooler models from the TESS HVAC Library add-on to TRNSYS. We then pipe them in parallel and use diverting and mixing valves to direct the fluid to the appropriate device.

Jeff