[TRNSYS-users] Problem with Active Layer

Hi everyone,

For a pilot project we are analyzing a heating system in which an "external wall heating system" is installed on the façade. Basically we have a wall with an active layer that is insulated on the back in order to decrease the losses of this active layer to the outside.

With a pipe spacing of 13.5 cm the system was working good. For a parametric study, I would like to run a study varying the pipe spacing. Setting the pipe spacing to 10 cm (instead of 13.5 cm) the system does not simulate anymore. It gives me the following error:

Message               : Specific fluid mass flow of active layer in surface   24 below minimum value of 8.01 kg/m2h Please, increase the minimum mass flow rate or use the autosegmentation feature of TRNBuild for subdividing the surface.

I checked the massflow rate and I am sure that the mass flow rate is higher than the minimum. I tried to increase the massflow rate through the pump of the system but it does not work. Which is the problem?

Here the data of my simulation:

-        TRNSYS 17

-        Wall area: 10.16 m2

-        Massflow rate system: 86 kg/h

Toni Calabrese, MSc.

Wissenschaftlicher Projektmitarbeiter

toni.calabrese@spf.ch | toni.calabrese@ost.ch

T +41 58 257 4827

SPF Institut für Solartechnik

OST – Ostschweizer Fachhochschule

Oberseestr. 10 | CH-8640 Rapperswil | Switzerland | www.spf.ch | www.ost.ch

OST – Ostschweizer Fachhochschule ist der Zusammenschluss aus FHS St.Gallen, HSR Rapperswil und NTB Buchs.