Re: [TRNSYS-users] CO2 Heat pump

Mohamed,

Most HVAC devices in TRNSYS that use a refrigerant (heat pumps, chillers, etc.) are typically modeled using the concept of a look-up performance data file approach.  The very short timesteps required to accurately model the dynamics of a refrigeration cycle would cause many simulation to run a long time.  I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish with your research but if it's a detailed study of the CO2 cycle then I would recommend a program like EES (which can couple with TRNSYS).  If you are just wanting to use a CO2 heat pump in your studies then I would suggest finding performance data for the unit that you are considering and then building a performance map and using one of the existing HVAC components.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton President - TESS LLC 3 N. Pinckney Street, Suite 202, Madison WI USA 53703 Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475 www.tess-inc.com E-Mail: thornton@tess-inc.com