[TRNSYS-users] Type 56 active layer outputs

To whom it may concern,

I am trying to simulate a floor active layer with type 56 and I would like to plot the surface energy balance so I choose to plot the following outputs:

  1. B6_DQWALLdt
  2. B6_QQCOMI
  3. B6_COMO
  4. B6_QRADGI
  5. B6_QRADGO
  6. B6_QALG

I think that B6_QALG is the total energy input by fluid, since correspond to m*cp*DT. I am interested in knowing the amount of energy is released from the radiant panels towards the inside, and I think that this value is B6_QCOMI but this output doesn’t respect the equation q1=U1*(Tm-Ta1) given by Markus Koschenz who is the creator of this model. To get Tm I had plotted NTYPE 57 TALM (node temperature of active layer).

I also don’t understand how B6_DQWALLdt (and so internal energy) is calculated.

Can you please clarify to me the meaning of these outputs? How can I know the amount of energy released from the radiant floor to the upper zone?

Kind regards,

Fabio Restelli