[TRNSYS-users] Type 56 detailed window model

Dear TRNSYS users,

In the volume 5 of the documentation, “Multizone building modelling with Type56 and TRNBuild”, section 5.4.1.4 describes the window model used for the Type56 energy balance equation, however, it refers to section 5.4.2 for the detailed optical and thermal window model. I am unsure whether this detailed window model is directly usable with Type 56, or if the new “complex fenestration system” add-on is required.

If the add-on is not required, I would like to know how to the detailed window model is used. Specifically, I would like to know how to import data from WINDOW 7 so that it can be used for the detailed window system.

I just have a TESS manual of 2005 for importing data from WINDOW 5 to TRNSYS, but I guess it may be obsolete for this purpose.

Regards,

Joaquim

Joaquim Romaní

Researcher

Thermal Energy and Building Performance Group

+34 933 56 26 15 ext. 205

cid:image003.jpg@01D3A681.0D4A4700

Institut de Rercerca en Energia de Catalunya

Catalonia Institute for Energy Research

www.irec.cat