Re: [TRNSYS-users] Conversion of epw weather files to tm2

Hi,

as far as I know, you can use directly .epw files in TRNSYS, there is no need for any conversion. In your project, right-click on the weather data reader and select "Replace...", then browse to find and select type 15-3 in

Trnsys17\Studio\Proformas\Weather Data Reading and Processing\Standard Format\Energy+ Weather Files (EPW)

And that's all, hope it helps

Angel

Dear All,

For some of the locations I don't have the .tm2 weather files which is usually imported in type 56-multizone building before starting a new project. But I have epw files for these locations.

Can anyone please suggest me some ways to convert these epw files to tm2 in TRNSYS or any other platform ?

Is it possible to import and use  epw weather files in a new project of type 56 in TRNSYS 17 ?

Thanks in advance,

Niket Kumar
Indian Institute Of Technology Kanpur

Àngel Carrera

Consultor Senior
Àrea tècnica

Sistemes Avançats d'Energia Solar Tèrmica SCCL
C/ Roger de Llúria, 29 3r 2a 08009 Barcelona
Mòbil: (+34) 663 27 66 80
Tel: (+34) 93 342 47 55
Fax: (+34) 93 342 47 56

angel.carrera@aiguasol.coop