[TRNSYS-users] Type 11d

Hi,

I want to implement a flow mixer with a defined outlet temperature. The description of Type 11d seems to be what I need:

“This instance of the Type11 model uses mode 3 to model a controlled flow mixer in which two inlet liquid streams are mixed together according to an internally calculated control function so as to maintain the mixed outlet temperature at or below a user specified value.”

However, there isn’t any input where to specify the outlet temperature. Do I need to calculate separately the control signal? If so, then what is the advantage of using this type instead of a simple Tee-piece?

Thanks,

Benjamin Manrique