Re: [TRNSYS-users] Cooling tower (type 51b) controlling

Hi Jeff,

Even it is not realistic, but I feel there is a lag in the mass flow rate at the outlet 1 of (type 11f) by one timestepand I think that causes the outlet flow rate from the CT loop being greater than the rated flow of the pump.

However, the problem was solved when I used TESS diverting valve (type 647) instead of (type 11f) and I am not facing any errors or warnings. I didn't change anything in my controlling equations that being used in the W-interpreter (I just added another out for the CT mass fraction)

Thank you so much to remind me to use TESS lib

Kind regards,
Shahen

Shahen,
I suggest you use the TRACE command and check to see what the controller is producing for a signal through all iterations of the timestep.  It's very possible that the simulation is not converging and you are seeing the result of that non-convergence.  Make sure you are using a small timestep, have pipes for capacitance, etc.  We control towers all the time but use the tempering valve controller module in the TESS HVAC Library and not an external controller.

Jef