[TRNSYS-users] GenOpt: Identifing equality constraints for independent variables (x*y*z=1000)

Dear Trnsys users,

For running my optimization (GenOpt + Trnsys), I need to define two types of following constraints for independent variables to be optimized:

Variables to be optimized are: x, y and z

Constraints:

1-      Boundary constraints: 0<x<20, 0<y<20, 0<z<20

2-      Equality constraints: x*y*z=1000

To this end, I could make the boundary constraints in command file but I could not find a solution to define equality constraints.

I would appreciate if you could let me know how I can define equality constraints within GenOpt or Trnsys.

Best regards,

Reza Safi

Division Thermal Systems and Buildings

Fraunhofer-Institut für Solare Energiesysteme ISE