[TRNSYS-users] solar boiler as active layer with low flow rates

Dear all,

we need to simulate a 'energy roof', i.e. a solar boiler that is like a floor heating system.
The challenge is that the flow rates are small, i.e. some 15 kg/hr for a 10m2 piece of roof. And thus the standard approach of using the active layer model does not provide what we need.

So, the question is whether there is a way to get around?
Or can we apply dimensional analysis assuming the active layer acts as a single volume? In that case:
Does that mean we can estimate the results with a flowrate m1=m/10 using the appraoch of adapting as follows:
and that this would give us an estimate of m' -results?

thanks already,

leen