Re: [TRNSYS-users] Glazed air collector

Dear Nidal Abdalla,

I have used Type539 (Glazed Flat Plate Solar Collector from TESS Solar Library) with success for a solar air collector. Since the solar air collector was here in the states, they had the SRCC rating numbers for the efficiency and IAM's, so I could simply enter those numbers into the parameters of Type539.  Since this solar collector model and many others in TRNSYS assume a constant fluid specific heat, you can implement solar air heating simulations with them.

Best regards,

Matt Duffy

On 2012-10-16 16:15, Nidal Abdalla wrote:

Dear all

I am trying to simulate glazed air collector for space heating using TRNSYS 17 with TESS libraries. Anyone can recommend the best choice for collector type can be used? I found at the TRNSY archives 2010 that  Mr. David had mentioned that there are a number of air-based solar collectors available in the TESS Solar Component. In fact, I found only unglazed air collector in the TESS lib. I am wondering if someone can help me.

Regards

Nidal Abdalla

National Energy Research Center
Amman - Jordan