Re: [TRNSYS-users] Parametric run with solar collector's orientation

For the first two parameters it's quite easy. The question is: How
and where can I set the "orientation" parameter ?
Do I need do prepare IAM file for each orientation (according to
http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/mailinglist/archive2003/msg00021.html),
add in type 15 xtimes surfaces and connect it to x collectors ?

Be careful - when you set the slope of the collector in the collector model you are NOT setting the slope for the radiation. The best way to do what you want is to set the area as a parameter in the collector model and then set the slope and azimuth of the collector surface in the Type 15 weather component. Then hook up the incident radiation terms, the incidence angle, AND the slope from the weather model to the collector model. Refer to the collector examples for reference.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577  Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton@tess-inc.com