[TRNSYS-users] Type 155 - Matlab/TRNSYS - Global variables

Hello!

Currently I am working on the implementation of a two-point (bang-bang) controller using the Matlab Type 155 for TRNSYS.

As a matter of fact, the code is quite simple, shown as follows:

if Tso<45 && flag_boiler_act<0.5

        flag_boiler_act=1.0;

elseif Tso>50 && flag_boiler_act>0.5

        flag_boiler_act=0.0;

end

The variable “flag_boiler_act” (state variable, storage variable) is supposed to toggle depending upon the values of “Tso”. Regarding the code above, this means that within the range of “45” and “50” the variable “flag_boiler_act” should not change (therefore remain “1.0”).

However, when I run the simulation, the variable “flag_boiler_acttoggles to “0.0” as “Tso” as exceeds “45” (should remain “1.0” tough) , which therefore leads to the assumption that Matlab does not store “flag_boiler_actat all.

Can you please give me some advice about the better way to do that?

Best regards.

Tarik

P.S.: I am well aware of the fact that I can use the standard controller with a hysterisis, however, I would like to understand the concept of the Type 155 and also exploit its full potential.