Re: [TRNSYS-users] trnflow16 - atrium

1) Is it possible that the crack will only see a dP due to the air thermal stack effect, not due to any negative pressure created by the exhaust fan?

2) Are their other cracks on the bottom zone?

Usually the fan dP entry for simulations is static and the volume flow is static. This means the volume will flow into the bottom zone. In Trnsys the exiting mass flow is checked but usually not used in the calculations. This means modelling an exhaust fan in the top zone equates to only modelling a cross mixing in the top zone with the bottom zone air being referanced for the air properties.

In real life your exhaust fan will be a constant volume fan, meaning it will spin slower or faster to create the nessecary pressure dP to make sure the specified volume goes through it.

I would model the "exhaust fan" as a fan bringing air from the bottom zone into the top zone and equate it's mass flow to that of the supply fan. The exhaust fan dP should then be equated to the normal pressure losses of ducting minus the fortunate effect of the thermal stack effect.

Sent from my iPhone