From: "NOM KARAS" <nomkaras@gmail.com>
Sent: Thu, October 27, 2011 5:47
Subject: [TRNSYS-users] radiator_modelling

Dear Trnsys users,

I want to modell a classic heating system with radiators (that use hot water, heated from a central boiler). I have read previous threads that talk about a component of transsolar (type 362 ) that simulates such a radiator and found that TESS has a similar component type-1231. Unfortunately  I don't have these components (I have an older version of TESS library) and I wondered if i could simulate somehow the radiator with type-56 (trnbuild) by using an active layer. I know that active layers are traditionally used for internal floor heating, but I made this consideration :

To add to my heating zone an external wall with active layer and adiabatic conditions on the surface looking to the enviroment ( active layers cant unfortunately be used in internal walls) that has wall area equal to the desired radiator (and by equal   i mean the total ! surface of the radiator that takes part in the radiation-convection&nb sp; heat exchange).

I would appreciate your opinion on this,

with regards Nomikos.