[TRNSYS-users] Compiling TRNSYS Type in Linux

I have a code which is written in C++ and was compiled and runs on Linux (it is quite complex code which uses several libraries, the libraries were written in C++ and compiled in Linux as well).

I am interested in linking the code to a TRNSYS model. I tried to create a TRNSYS type based on the code but I had trouble compiling the code into the TRNSYS type using Visual Studio.

I was wondering whether there is a way to compile a TRNSYS type in Linux. If not is there any other way I can run a Linux based C++ code with TRNSYS.