[TRNSYS-users] Convection in a simple two storey zone

Hi,

In Trnsys 17, I made a very simple test : two little air-nodes superposed, forming part of a thermal zone.
There is only one windows facing south, at the first floor. I ditn't made anything else.

Case 1 : Simple radiation model
Quite realistically, the second floor is warmer.

Case 2 : Detailed radiation model
The 2 air-nodes have their temperatures centered around the same value and very near, except that the first floor has more extreme temperature variations.

I want to illustrate the hot air elevation by a simple example, but I'm not sure of the phenomenon that are taken into account.

Thank you !