From: "jordi cipriano" <cipriano@cimne.upc.edu>
Sent: Wed, February 2, 2011 4:50
Subject: [TRNSYS-users] old types in TRNSYS 16 to TRNSYS 17

Dear TRNSYS users,

I have a question concerning to the TRNSYS 17. For the last years I ! programmed new types in TRNSYS 16, and I used Compaq VF 6.6.a for compiling and running TRNSYS in debug mode.
Now, I have a new laptop with Windows 7, 64 bits, and I have some dubts about buying the new version of TRNSYS or keep working with TRNSYS 16:
1. Is it possible to install TRNSYS 16 in Windows 7-64 bits and if yes, can I use the version in 64 bits of Compaq VF or should I move to Intel Visual Fortran? Is there any problem in using TRNSYS in debug mode?.
2. In  case I move to TRNSYS 17, what happens with my programmed types ? I understand the dll of them will be fully compatible, however if I want to modify them, what kind of compiler should I use ? what happens with the modifications in the INFO ARRAY an in the TYPECK function, should I reprogram this changes in my old types?

Many thanks,

Jordi Cipriano