Re: [TRNSYS-users] Active Layer

Dear Arnaud,

if you use EXTERNAL category, ambient temperature will be considered on outside wall surface. (You can also use BOUNDARY category with external temperature as input, but wall orientation won't be considered).

If you want to put ground temperature as external wall temperature,  you may choose "BOUNDARY" in category wall, and define a ground temperature input (which is defined in Studio)

For information, Type 501 from TESS Library give a Soil Temperature Profile.

Best regards

www.itf.biz
www.itf.biz
Adrien JEZEQUEL
Simulations Thermiques Dynamiques
ITF
87, Avenue de Chambéry
73230 St Alban Leysse
FRANCE
Phone :
Fax :
Mail:
+33(0) 479 750 029
+33(0) 479 852 122
a.jezequel@itf.biz
Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer cet e-mail que si nécessaire
Please, consider our environmental responsability before printing this email

A.Thome-08@student.lboro.ac.uk a écrit :
Good afternoon everyone,

Within type 56, I have created an active layer which is the ground floor of
the building I am modelling.

When I define this active layer, in "category", I put "EXTERNAL". Is that
mean that the software considere that the temperature on the outside
surface of the layer is the outside ambiante temperature? In this case
obviously it won't be right because it is not the outside ambiante
temperature but the ground tempereature which should be defined.

How should I do to model it right? Should I use the category "BOUNDARY"
instead of "EXTERNAL"? In which case is it clever to use the BOUNDARY
category?

Thank you very much.

Arnaud

Arnaud.