[TRNSYS-users] Type 557 : what is the borehole configuration?

Hi All

I am wondering what the configuration of the borehole is.

When you look at the parameters list in the proforma, we can read that the volume storage has a cylindrical shape and that its volume can be calculated as following :

Storage Volume = Pi * Number of Boreholes * Borehole Depth * (0.525 * Borehole Spacing)^2

What does this mean about the configuration in the cylindrical volume of ground?

I see it is the volume of ground surrounding one borehole, the outer diameter of the ground cylinder being half of the spacing, times the number of boreholes…

But I struggle to see what configuration it is in the cylinder of ground.

And also, is the energy transfer independent for each borehole, or does the spacing influences it? (i.e the geometrical layout is important)

How far are the boreholes from the side of the ground cylinder?

Thanks for some help…

PS : by the way, it would have been nice to have access to the parameters/inputs/outputs description in the table where we set them, (as usual), instead of having to go in the proforma everytime… in case of someone is able to add this feature.

François Badinier

Development Engineer

ICAX Ltd

1 Hatfield House