Re: [TRNSYS-users] collector overheating

Hi Jean,

Here's how I do it usually with equations and integrators. However I'm not sure if you mean "how many times" or "total time", so here you have both cases:

In the case of duration I'd use equation-integrator where the equation gives out 1 if t_out>130 otherwise 0 timeGTmax=GT(Tout,130) --> Integrator

In the case of number of times I'd use an equation-value recall-equation-integrator where the first equation gives out 1/STEP (results in total 1 to be integrated for that time step) if t_out>130 otherwise 0. The value recall is used to store one time step and the second equation compares previous and current time step states and if previous state < current state the output is 1/STEP for that time step.

stateGTmax=GT(Tout,130)/STEP
--> value recall
--> nrTimesGTmax=GT(stateGTmaxCurr, stateGTmaxPrev)/STEP
--> integrator

The stateGTmaxCurr and stateGTmaxPrev are the states for current and previous time steps from the value recall component. (note: the division by STEP is not actually needed in the first equation, just easier to understand the output when it's state either 0 or 1 if you want check it e.g. with an online plotter) (note: Also better you check all outputs with online plotter as it's easy to mix up the order in the GT statement and also when to divide by STEP.)

Hope that helped.

Cheers,
Janne

jean.goetschy@insa-strasbourg.fr wrote:
hi TRNSYS user's.

I just want to know how to check how many time my solar collector have an output temperatur more than 130°C...
how can i do this. (with integrator i think...)

Thank you a lot for your answers.

Jean